DO YOU REFUND IF MY CHILD DOESN’T / CANNOT ATTEND?
As much as we’d like to offer refunds, given the strictly limited places for the programs, under no circumstances will COASTAL ELITE SPORTS COACHING provide a refund, be that in part or full.
DO YOU REFUND IF YOU DON’T RUN A PROGRAM/EVENT?
In the event that COASTAL ELITE SPORTS COACHING cancels a program, we will refund in full the fees for each clinic or session cancelled. For team programs where changes are due to the organiser of the events, and are beyond the control of COASTAL ELITE SPORTS COACHING, it will not refund.
HOW DO I PAY?
Payments are made following notification of your successful registration. Payments are made via Paypal. Registrations will not be confirmed without payment made. If payment is not made by the due date, your child’s place will be lost to another.
RISK WARNING, DISCLAIMER AND EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
In consideration of my child being allowed to participate in the COASTAL ELITE SPORTS COACHING program, its related event and activities, I, the parent, acknowledge and agree that:
- There is a risk of serious injury to the child from the sports activities involved in this program due to the nature of the sport(s). Such risks arise from (but are not limited to) impacts from sporting equipment, poor, wet or slippery surfaces, physical exertion, intentional or accidental contact or collisions with other participants, acts or omissions by staff, volunteers or other persons involved in the conduct of the activities; and
- The child’s participation is at his or her own risk and COASTAL ELITE SPORTS COACHING, its staff, contractors, volunteers, insurers, agents and representatives will, to the extent permitted by law, not be liable for any injury or death arising from the breach of any express or implied warranty that the services will be provided with due or reasonable care or skill, both known and unknown, even if arising from a negligent act or omission by COASTAL ELITE SPORTS COACHING, its staff, contractors, volunteers, insurers, agents and representatives, and I assume full responsibility for my child’s participation.
I willingly agree to comply with the program’s terms and conditions for my child’s participation. If, however I observe any unusual significant concern in my child’s readiness for participation and/or in the program itself, I will remove my child from participation and bring it to the attention of the nearest official or representative of COASTAL ELITE SPORTS COACHING immediately.
I hereby release, indemnify and hold harmless the clinic, COASTAL ELITE SPORTS COACHING and its officers, agents, owners and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertises, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used for the activity, with respect to any and all injury, disability, death, or loss or damage to person or property, regarding the child and/or arising from the child’s activities, however arising including but not limited to any negligent act or omission, to the fullest extent of the law.
I have read the above Risk Warning and agree to be bound by the above terms and conditions including the disclaimer and exclusion of liability when I register my child for the program and each clinic.
MULTIMEDIA CONSENT AND RELEASE
By registering a child who is under the age of 18 years for a COASTAL ELITE SPORTS COACHING program, I give permission to COASTAL ELITE SPORTS COACHING, its employees, agents or representatives to do the following:
- Take photographs or digital images; and
- Make audio visual, sound or digital recordings of my child while participating in the clinics
I give permission to COASTAL ELITE SPORTS COACHING using such photographs, digital images or audio visual, sound or digital recordings in:
- Media or promotional releases or articles – including newspapers, radio, television or any printed publication, relating to COASTAL ELITE SPORTS COACHING and its activities;
- Electronic publications and communications such as COASTAL ELITE SPORTS COACHING’s website, Facebook page, Instagram and the like.
I understand that COASTAL ELITE SPORTS COACHING may engage persons to act on its behalf to undertake the above stated tasks. I understand and agree that my child’s name and identity may be revealed in any descriptive text or commentary in connection with the image(s). I agree to the use of these images without compensation to me or my child and acknowledge and agree that:
- all such images and recordings will become and remain the property of COASTAL ELITE SPORTS COACHING;
- all rights in the images and recordings, including copyright will remain the property of COASTAL ELITE SPORTS COACHING.
CODES OF BEHAVIOUR
COASTAL ELITE SPORTS COACHING has adopted and follows the codes of behaviour as set out by the Australian Sports Commission.
- Play by the rules.
- Never argue with an official. If you disagree, have your captain, coach or manager approach the official during a break or after the competition.
- Control your temper. Verbal abuse of officials, sledging other players or deliberately distracting or provoking an opponent are not acceptable or permitted behaviours in any sport.
- Work equally hard for yourself and/or your team. Your team’s performance will benefit and so will you.
- Be a good sport. Applaud all good plays whether they are made by your team or the opposition.
- Treat all participants in your sport as you like to be treated. Do not bully or take unfair advantage of another competitor.
- Cooperate with your coach, team-mates and opponents. Without them, there would be no competition.
- Participate for your own enjoyment and benefit, not just to please your parents and coaches.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
FOR COACHES AND WHERE APPLICABLE PARENTS.
- Remember that young people participate for pleasure and winning is only part of the fun.
- Never ridicule or yell at a young player for making a mistake or not coming first.
- Be reasonable in your demands on players’ time, energy and enthusiasm.
- Operate within the rules and spirit of your sport and teach your players to do the same.
- Ensure that the time players spend with you is a positive experience.
- Avoid overplaying the talented players; the ‘just average’ need and deserve appropriate time too.
- Ensure that equipment and facilities meet safety standards and are appropriate to the age and ability of all players.
- Display control, respect and professionalism to all involved with the sport. This includes opponents, coaches, officials, administrators, the media, parents and spectators. Encourage players to do the same.
- Show concern and caution towards sick and injured players. Follow the advice of a physician when determining whether an injured player is ready to recommence training or competition.
- Any physical contact with a young person should be appropriate to the situation and necessary for the player’s skill development.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every young person regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
- Obtain appropriate qualifications and keep up to date with the latest coaching practices and the principles of growth and development of young people.